Thursday, February 3, 2011

Polar Bear Science and Water Play

Photobucket

This book is written by a wildlife photographer that has captured beautiful pictures of polar bears in the wild along with providing general information about them. The writing itself is beyond the twins level, but perfect for Little J.  The twins and I looked at the pictures and I paraphrased the wording for them.  Afterward, we did a little water play.


Photobucket

I cleaned the kitchen sinks and filled them with water and added tear free shampoo to make bubbles.  Juiciness told me it looked like snowballs!  I gave them some containers and a set of arctic animals and let them play.

I also took a tray, filled it with water, and froze it to make a pretend iceberg.

Photobucket





Linking to:  The Play Academy, Water Play

15 comments :

Ticia said...

I love the ice berg to play on. I bet after awhile that got cold though.

Kara said...

How fun!!!! Great idea!

Sherri said...

Great idea!!!

Kelly said...

I would have thought it have been cold after a short while too, but I had to lure them away after about 30 minutes so we could be on time for school!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

So cute! Looks just like it!

Raising a Happy Child said...

The iceberg is a great touch! I keep wondering where to get these cute trays without buying a big lot of them.

Elise said...

What a memorable and fun sensory play experience.

Kelly said...

Natalie- I think I bought them at Oriental Trading Company, but I don't seem them on their website anymore. You might check a Montessori school supply. I also saw something similar in a 4 pack at Michael's Craft Store.

Elle Belles Bows said...

How much fun! Love how you used the tray! Smart idea! Kerri

Tracey M. said...

More fun with polar bears! I love how you put the frozen "iceberg" tray in the sink with the bubbles. It looks just like snow!

Cathy James said...

I love the iceberg idea - cool!

Cathy James said...

Thanks for linking up with the Carnival of Water Play :)

Anonymous said...

This is great! Its a year old but since this was just posted on babble today, if anyone is looking for plastic trays like that, target has them for $2 in a couple colors in their seasonal bbq/pool party/beach section. :)

Jenny said...

this is a really cool idea, my 3 1/2 year old would love this..where did you find the tiny artic figurines?

Little Wonders' Days said...

Hi Jenny, Thanks! It's one of those animal tubes and I probably bought it at Michael's. Have fun!