Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Friday Night

 Photobucket




Welcome to our Happy Friday Night! 

Photobucket

If you're new to my "Happy Friday Night" posts you'll need to know that my husband and I look forward to Friday night as our little "date night at home" so to speak. I make an appetizer and cocktail, sometimes it's simple and other times more elaborate. But whatever it is, it is after the kids are in bed and we can relax. When the weather is nice we sit on the deck, other nights we hit the sofa.

Photobucket
I made hot artichoke dip with nachos and a drink called the blue lagoon.

Drink recipe
2 Parts vodka
2 Parts pineapple juice
1 Part blue curacao
1 Part triple sec
Put into a shaker with ice and shake, strain into a martini glass.  You can find a similar recipe here.

Hot Artichoke Dip
2 cups chopped, marinated artichoke hearts (I buy the large jar from Costco)
8 oz softened low fat cream cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
2 cloves minced garlic
salt/pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and put in a baking dish.  Cook at 350 until hot and bubbly.  Nice to serve with nacho chips, pita chips, Carr's crackers, or even carrot/celery sticks.

Many of you have shared that you have a similar date night routine.  Please join the party and share what you do to nurture your marriage (keep it PG please).  It can be a recipe you enjoy, a special trip, movie time, a devotional, or whatever you feel appropriate.  I can't wait to see what inspirational ideas you have.

Happy Friday Night! 






4 comments :

Elle Belles Bows said...

Kelly, You are going to laugh at this!! I am just getting ready to link....and came to grab your button....I did the same dip!! :-) I am still posting. I guess great minds think alike! Kerri

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

I love this idea! Nice way to foster your relationship!

Martianne said...

Oh, I should so do something like this! Love the idea. Thx.

Also, just an FYI: Saw your entry at The Sunshine Crew's awesome blog and wanted to let you know you know that since you didn't win, you can have a chance to win a Montessori Course seat here, too: http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2011/02/worldwide-montessori-giveaway.html

Kelly said...

Kerri, that's too funny! I'm so glad you linked up and had a great time.