Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Friday Night, Starlight Cosmo

Welcome to our Happy Friday Night!



Each Friday I try to make a cocktail and appetizer for my husband and me to enjoy after the kids go to bed.  It's a fun night to look forward to and a lot less chaotic and expensive than going out for the evening (of course we still do that from time to time!).

steamed crab legs

I stopped by a local seafood restaurant and picked up a couple of pounds of snow crab legs.  All I needed to do when I got home was to add a little clarified butter.

starlight cosmo

Our cocktail is basically a cosmopolitan, but made with white cranberry juice.  I made it by mixing 1:1 ratios of citrus vodka, triple sec, and white cranberry juice and then a good squeeze of lime.  Shake with ice, strain into a martini glass, and garnish with an orange twist.

Last week, Kerri from Elle Belle's Bows shared a wonderful spinach artichoke dip she made in line with celebrating her husband's Superbowl love.  I hope you can visit her blog!

Many of you have shared that you have a similar date night routine. Please join the party and share what you do to nurture your marriage (keep it PG please). It can be a recipe you enjoy, a special trip, movie time, a devotional, or whatever you feel appropriate. I can't wait to see what inspirational ideas you have.

Happy Friday Night!

Linking to Fireflies and Jellybeans, Bubbly Nature Creations , Tatertots and Jello.


Elle Belles Bows said...

Hi Kelly! So jealous of the crab legs. The hubby is working tonight. If the link is up through the weekend, I will post a Friday night makeup. Enjoy your evening!! Kerri

Jenny said...

You have such awesome Friday nights!

Kelly said...

Thanks for linking up and sharing Kerri. This was so sweet of your husband to do for you!

Elle Belles Bows said...

No problem Kelly! I know Hot Chocolate may be kind of lame but I thought it was something nice for this time of year in front of the fireplace. Hubby has been in and out a good bit for work. So, I was a bit pressed but still wanted to link up. Have a good week! Kerri