Monday, February 14, 2011

Easy Wrap Skirt

I thought I would share an easy wrap skirt that I made this past week.  The pattern is from Indygo Junction, IJ769.  The only thing I changed about the pattern was to add a button hole to the tie so it would wrap more evenly. 
Photobucket
Front

Photobucket
Back

Photobucket

The fabric just looks like grey swirls from afar, but when you look closely, it's actually these adorable bicycles with pink baskets of flowers. 

I'm currently working on an Easter dress for Sassyfras.  I think when I finish her dress that I will make another skirt like this for me out of the same fabric to match her.  I've never done the mother/daughter dress alike thing...is it too matchy matchy??


Linking to Made by You Monday, Making Monday Marvelous, Not Just a Housewife


7 comments :

Christy said...

I love the idea of matching skirts! Very sweet.

Hannah S. said...

Me likie!

Melanie said...

No, it is a cute idea! I only have boys, but if I had a girl, I would totally do the matchy matchy thing! I found you through Made By You Mondays and am now a follower.

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

DeniseAngela said...

I like your skirt & invite you to link it up to my Fashion Friday Runway party! I like mother daughter outfits - check out my blog for some modern designs!

http://damedesignstudio.blogspot.com/

Ticia said...

It's really cute, and fun to do. I've done where our whole family had the same theme, but not the same outfit, and it's really cute.

April said...

Very cute! And I love the fabric you choose. Thanks for linking up!

Elle Belles Bows said...

The fabric is so cool! You did a great job.

I do the matching PJ's with Elle a great deal but have not found clothes yet. Elle's Grandma is fabulous at sewing too. So, maybe I need to get her started on something:-)

Kerri