Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Three Little Kittens Make Cherry Pie

My three little kittens definitely got their mittens dirty with this cherry pie.

For the crust, I mix 2 1/2 cups of flour with two stick of chopped, frozen butter, a spoonful of sugar and salt, and enough cold water to make it crumbly, but hold together-about 1/4 cup.

I used the food processor to mix the dough and then put it in Saran wrap in the freezer until I'm ready to roll it.

I forget how good homemade pie crust really is and it really is pretty simple.

Little J helped me make the crust and filling.  I winged the filling, but it turned out great.  I used two cans of drained tart cherries, mixed with a little sugar, and a spoonful of flour.

Juiciness and Sassyfras used cherry scented play dough to make their own pies.  Just add cherry kool-aid to the traditional play dough recipe.

Mini pie pans would have been cute, but I only had a couple of mini springform pans...which they were thrilled with.




We Play


6 comments :

Lindsay said...

oo that pie looks super tasty! Love the mini spring form pans!

Wonder Mom said...

But did you let them eat the pie with their mittens on? :0)

Raising a Happy Child said...

This pie looks so yummy, and the playdoh extension is rather neat too!

Wilma Lee said...

wow looks great and yummy. If you like cherry recipes like I do, you can get a free tart cherry recipe book from Traverse Bay Farms

musicalmary said...

This looks so good.... I have made apple pie playdoh and cranberry playdoh, but cherry sounds like fun, too. I'm visiting you from Childhood 101 and I am your newest follower. I hope you get a chance to visit my blog - I have lots of ideas of things to do with your little ones!

Blessings -
Mary @ Homeschool Success
http://homeschoolsuccess.blogspot.com

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Oooh, those mini pans are great. I wish we had Koolaid in the stores in Australia!