Monday, January 10, 2011

Three Little Kittens and Their Mittens



 I guess it's our turn to do a mitten themed week.  I've had the wooden cat cutouts in my stash since last year's birthday for the twins and found the mitten ones on clearance at Michaels over Christmas.  I thought the two would make a good craft project for Three Little Kittens. 


After painting the cats they glued them to craft sticks and put on googly eyes.  Now they can use them to act out the story.  I painted the front of the mittens and stamped pairs so that we could do some matching and memory games. 


This book is also a delicious opportunity to make a pie!   We're planning on baking a cherry pie later today.




abc button


7 comments :

Christy said...

So cute!!!

Beth @ Sand To Pearl said...

Awww, when my daughter was little we did this project out of paper (laminated) and it was so cute! We also used velcro to get the mittens on the kittens.
Fun project!

Kim said...

so cute. Im a new follower :)

www.at-home-with-mom.blogspot.com

Jodie said...

Cute! We are doing a mitten theme next week. I will remember this :)

Ticia said...

That's one of my kid's favorite nursery rhymes.

Wonder Mom said...

Now, whenever I see the poem "Three Little Kittens," I think of the movie "Despicable Me"...and giggle...

Raising a Happy Child said...

The mitten with skull and bones is too funny :) We like this nursery rhyme too.