Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Party Prop Box


I've notice that since the twins' birthday party and our last themed family fun night, that Juiciness and Sassyfras have been having some pretend parties of their own.  So, I thought it would be nice to make a little party prop box for them.


I raided my own party supply box to make a smaller one for them.  If you don't have your own party box to raid, the dollar store and clearance areas of Target or Walmart generally have some good items to scoop up for a prop box.

There are party horns, plates, cups, hats, leis, old invitations, and streamers in their box.  You might even add party hats, small Mylar balloons, or simple party games.


At first, they played with the items themselves, but then they  invited furry friends to their party!  I can't tell you enough how much fun they had playing party.

Other Prop Boxes
Post Office

Linking to:  Teach Preschool

Everyday Dramatic Play

Come play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up.
We Play

abc button

play academy


Andrea said...

You have some fantastic ideas here! just found your blog today. Off to catch up:)
~Jada Roo

Elle Belles Bows said...

I LOVE this idea! We always have so many little things left over from parties. Super idea to place them in one box for fun! Kerri

Christy said...

GREAT idea!!!!!!

I had to google Sweet Sixteen Doughnuts. I have never heard of them. I guess they are a southern thing. Now I wish I had some!

Mommy Sarah said...

how fun! following over from the show and tell! Love your blog and ideas!

Earthly Joyride said...

We are having a party for my 4yo daughter's soft toy dog tomorrow! We have invited one friend and his monkey, and will bake a cake today! Might need to find some party hats after reading your post!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I love your prop boxes, and this one is a great idea! One day when I'm well organized... :) (And thank you for your sweet comment on my crash post. I feel the same about you!)

April said...

I had never thought of a party theme one and it seems like the easiest one to get! good idea