Monday, January 3, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday

Our theme this week is animals in winter and hibernation.  We read Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson while eating breakfast.  I used cut outs of the animals that come to visit bear in the story to make some food picks.


Strawberry and banana skewers (lollipop sticks), yogurt, Bunny cereal, cheese, and milk for their cereal.

We had one odd animal, so I kept their favorite one, hare, out to see if they could find who was missing.  They did!

Sassyfras and Juiciness have their colors down pat now, so we're starting to talk about color mixing.  This week we're working on yellow and red make orange.  I thought it would be fun to make some jell-o jigglers.

Jello-o Jiggler "bear"
We layered red strawberry Jell-o with yellow pineapple Jell-o on top of that and made an orange jell-o jiggler. We can see the layers pretty well, but I couldn't photograph them well. 






Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

11 comments :

varunner said...

Very cute. Love the animal picks!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This looks like such fun. Did the figure out the missing animal?

Jessica said...

I love when the tins are based around books, super cute!

lisa9999 said...

A great tin. I love the jello.

Robbins Zoo said...

That looks yummy. Happy New Year!

SnoopyGirl said...

What a great lunch and a cute story. We have been reading about hibernation too! Happy New Year!

Sherri said...

You always have great ideas!

Melissa said...

I love muffin tins that tie into stories! My 21 month old Reedlet is also nicknamed Sassyfrass. She constantly keeps us on our toes! :o)

Ludicrous Mama said...

I love tying my stories and books into meals as well! You should link this up to JDaniel4's Mom's weekly book-related-activity linkup! I think she does them on Thursdays or Fridays.
http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/search/label/Read.Explore.Learn.

Carrie K said...

Great idea with the jello jigglers for color mixing! I will have to try that one.

Carrie K said...

I love the color mixing idea with the Jello Jigglers! We will have to try that.