Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chore Cards

Little J has been doing chores and helping out with family jobs for about two years now.  We don't have a good place for chore charts, so I've just always told him what his chores for the day were.  However, I want him to grow more independent in caring for himself and his jobs.  I've decided an easy way to move in that direction were chore cards. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I made these index card size (4x6) in a publisher document. They are in his room on his bookshelf and he can pick the right day and know what he needs to do.






abc button

5 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

I really like this idea. We were talking about "expectation chart" where we want to "spell out" what our expectations for daughter are for now. No real chores yet except straightening her room, but there are other things on our list like getting dressed independently, putting her clothes away and staying in her room for the rest period.

In Progress... said...

Great Idea!
I think I will try to incorperate something like this!

How old is J?

The Sunshine Crew said...

Love your idea to have chore cards! Need to make some for my boys. Thanks for sharing.
:) Colleen

Kelly said...

Raising a Happy Child- Yes, Little J did similar things when he was Anna's age. It's nice when they can get themselves ready in the morning without too much help.

In progress- Little J is 6 1/2.

Thanks Colleen!

Christy said...

I really like this idea.