Friday, January 7, 2011

An I Love You Ritual, 100 Days of School

100 days of school

Little J's 100th day of school is coming up soon and I wanted us to do a little something for his teachers.  I'm not sure why it took so long for me to have a light bulb go on for this idea, but it finally did this morning. 

ideas for 100th day of school

 One of our "I love you rituals" happens each school morning.  I blow him a kiss and he pretends to catch it and put it in his heart.  Then he blows me a kiss and I do the same.  His teachers watch this routine each morning and know he isn't happy until we've done this.  So, I thought he could count out 100 Hershey Kisses for them.

100th day of school, 100 days of school, hundred days of school

Can you count them by ones?  Double check them by counting by 2's.  Triple check them by counting by 5's.  He assured me there were 100 when I asked him to check by 10's!






Linking to:  100 Days Link Party

22 comments :

varunner said...

What a sweet and thoughtful idea! You always come up with such cool stuff.
Also. I would like 100 Hershey's kisses ;-)

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

What a wonderful idea and very thoughtful. You can never go wrong with chocolate!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Your love ritual is so sweet.

Brimful Curiosities said...

I'm sure they will appreciate the kisses. I'll have to figure out how many days until 100 for us. A couple more weeks, I think.

dorinda said...

I love it!!! What a thoughtful gift for the teacher.

Joyful Learner said...

This is so sweet!

Christy said...

So cute! Great teacher gift!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Such a cute idea! I'm sure his teacher will love it!

Linda said...

Nice ritual.

Erin said...

Very cute and what a great ritual to do every morning!

Simone said...

What a lovely idea. Creating rituals is such an important part of family life, I am a firm believer in them. How lovely to be sharing them at school as well!!!

charlotte: said...

What a cute idea, I love how your little kisses look with their label!

Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

Lots of Fun with My FaMiLy said...

Super Sweet :)

Fatima said...

What a precious idea!

Patricia said...

Love your ritual. I'm following you know.

Shannon said...

What a super cute idea!

brenna said...

What a great idea, I love it! The love ritual is so sweet too.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very nice!

Gale said...

How sweet!

Allie said...

What a simple but really meaningful idea!

Heather said...

I love this idea- thanks for linking up at sharing time!

Kelly C. said...

I am a teacher and this present would absolutely melt my heart. Thank you to moms like you who make our job extra sweet!