Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Friday Night!

Welcome to our Happy Friday Night! Almost every Friday night I make an appetizer and cocktail for my husband and me to enjoy after the kids are in bed. It's a nice way to enjoy the end of the week without having to pay a babysitter.  This was last week's fun.

The cosmopolitan is one of my favorite cocktails.  I mix 1:1 ratios of lemon vodka, triple sec, and cranberry juice with the juice of half a lime.  Shake well with ice, strain, and serve with a lime sliver.




This appetizer is from one of my girlfriends and it is so delicious that if it weren't for good parenting, I'd lick the bowl clean every time!  She calls it artichoke hummus, although it really isn't hummus. 

1 1/2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
4oz softened cream cheese
1/8-1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
4-5 Tablespoons of tahini
1-2 Cloves chopped garlic
Juice of a small lemon
Salt/Pepper to taste.

She doesn't have an exact recipe (if you didn't figure this out already), so these are approximations and just fiddle with it until it taste perfect.  It's really quite simple though.

Serve with crackers, pita chips, or veggies like celery and carrots.

Happy Friday Night!







6 comments :

Lindsay said...

okay I totally love this idea of having a night to celebrate after the kids are in bed. What a fun way to do that without breaking the bank! I am going to have to try this in the future!!

Christy said...

Sounds good. I love your Happy Friday Nights. Someday, I'll be motivated to do this myself.

Kelsey said...

Great recipe ideas! We do this Friday nights a lot too. Tonight we were suppose to go out on a real date but the babysitter canceled! :-) So, husband is brining home some favorite wine and Im trying to make a somewhat fancy dinner. Movie night for the kids and an early bedtime!! :-)

Found your blog on the No Time for flash cards site and look forward to reading more.

Caz said...

This is such a wonderful idea, Im always thinking of special things for the kids to do but hardly ever do the same for the adults in the house. Thankyou for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

This is a fabulous idea! Looks so yummy too!

The Sunshine Crew said...

I have never ever had a cosmo before...will have to try one of those, along with your appetizer recipe. Thanks for sharing both.
Have a nice rest of your week this week,
Colleen:)