Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Spiderman Drink and A Time Capsule

The Drink


A few years ago while on vacation, Little J ordered a Spiderman drink.  It's really known as a Shirley Temple, but this restaurant made it special for little boys by putting it in a plastic Spiderman cup and serving it with a crazy straw.  It's been a family favorite ever since.  We often have it at family parties or family fun nights and we're planning on having it for New Year's Eve (before the sparkling cider toast).


The Time Capsule


We're going to make a time capsule this year too.  Little J helped me prepare it.


Supplies
Large can with a lid or shoe box
Construction paper
Glue
Glitter

We started by cutting a piece of construction paper to fit our can.  I wrote 2011 with glue and Little J sprinkled it with glitter.  Dry flat.  Once dry, we used a glue stick to attach it to the can.  I did a Word Art circle for the lid that reads, "The X's family time capsule". 


One New Year's Eve everyone will put an item in, we'll make  a list of individual and family goals, and hopefully get a family picture to include.  I also have little wrapped gifts for each person to unwrap next New Year's Eve.



5 comments :

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

What a fun drink! I love it and the time capsule!

Christy said...

I have tried to introduce my kids to Shirley Temples because I loved them as a kid, but they don't like soda. They hate the carbonation.

I love the time capsule idea.

Sherri said...

i love your time capsule...we are going to open ours on the 1st. I am rather scared...I hope I accomplished something???? =) I need to be the example setter!

RedTedArt said...

Ah how sweet and how fun. Love the idea of an annual time capsule. Great way to think about the future and past and times together. Lovely!

The Spiderman Drink is brilliant to!!!

Maggy x
(Thanks for linking up ;-))

Raising a Happy Child said...

Great idea with the time capsule. I think we will try it next year when Anna is a little older.