Thursday, December 30, 2010

Soft Pretzels

Now before I get hate mail, this shape has nothing to do with the far off holiday that shall not be named.  We started making the pretzels in fun shapes and this is the shape that Juiciness wanted.  And now thinking about it, it would make a fun snack for that unnamed holiday that really is so far away...I'm just saying...

We decided to make a batch of soft pretzels today.  I found this recipe a year or so back and it has always turned out wonderful.  It has simple ingredients and it's easy for kids to help.  Kneading dough is also a great and fun way for little ones to build hand strength.

Ready to rise.

Ready to roll!

Traditional shape... 

Crescent...

Almost a circle...







A Crafty Soiree





12 comments :

Wonder Mom said...

OK, first of all, YUM!

Second of all, I was planning for "the holiday that should not be named" today, so your post just made me giggle!

Sherri said...

Love the pretzels...perfect heart..I think everyday should be heart...love day!!!!

Lindsay said...

Those look delicious! I am not a big fan of the holiday that should not be named.. but I realize my son is going to be totally into it this year.. I think I could get in touch with that kind of heart :-)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Oh yummy!! Love pretzels! Hope to try it soon! Happy New Year! Kerri

Raising a Happy Child said...

Yummy! Is it time already to plan for the next holiday? No-o-o!!!

Christy said...

We have never made our own soft pretzels. Now, I'm adding this to my to do list.

Lisa said...

I don't mind that it's in a heart shape! Very cute! We've tried to make soft pretzels a few times and we always fail! I need to try your recipe. Thanks!

maleahbliss said...

I love pretzels! I've never thought of making them though... Now I am but it's almost 3 in the morning, so I guess it'll have to wait til morning. ;)

I'd love for you to come link this up to my linky party! www.littleEme.blogspot.com

RedTedArt said...

Oh my i LOVE the heart shaped one. How fabulous!! And great to have a pretzel recipe! I love pretzels! Have never tried to make them!

Maggy

RedTedArt said...

I featured you on Love Get Crafty today!

http://www.redtedart.com/2011/02/01/love-get-crafty/

Maggy

Unknown said...

Hi! Yours look brown/crunchy/magical yummy on the outside, unlike the pics in the recipe you linked to. What's your trick for the great pretzel "skin"?
Please and thank you!!!

Kelly said...

Oh, I hate to admit this, but knowing me...I probably forgot to set the timer and they cooked just a bit longer than the original recipe.