Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Who is coming to Our House?, Advent Day 7

Our advent activities today focus on the birth of Jesus.  Our bible verse is from Luke 2:7 and our book is Who is Coming to Our House? by Joseph Slate.  This is a simple book for the younger crowd.  It has been a hit with Juiciness and Sassyfras, but a little young for Little J.  I've engaged him by asking him to read it to his brother and sister.


Our craft this afternoon will be to make luminaries to light tonight. I've set out a basket of lunch bags, stamps and stamp pads, a hole punch, and LED candles.

 
I've trimmed the bag tops and edged them with a paper punch.


My plan is for Juiciness and Sassyfras to stamp the bags first and then have Little J hole punch them to allow the light through.

I don't have any sand or bricks to anchor the bags, so we'll use clean, recycled ziploc bags with water in them instead.



abc button

7 comments :

Brimful Curiosities said...

We like reading that one as well. Great idea to involve your oldest by having him help read. Another religious favorite is This is the Stable by Cynthia Cotten.

Raising a Happy Child said...

It's a very pretty craft. I keep hearing good things about this book - maybe I will see if our library still has it.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Love that book! Fun luminaries! :)

Christy said...

So pretty! I love this idea.
Great book too!

The Sunshine Crew said...

Great idea. Lovely craft idea. That book sounds nice too.

Thanks for sharing.
Colleen

RedTedArt said...

Oh I love your craft. It is so pretty and so effective! Very sweet. Will have to check out the book too!

Thank you for linking up to kids get crafty! :-)

Maggy

christinemosler said...

Paper bag lanterns are so simple and so effective, yours look very pretty, I love the idea of using a hole punch! Thanks for sharing! (I found you on Red Ted Art's Link up)