Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let it Snow, Advent Day 22

Let it Snow!

Snow preschool theme, advent activities

Our theme for today is "Let it Snow". 

donut snowmen

I couldn't resist making snowmen doughnuts for breakfast like I've seen on so many other blogs.  The kids thought they were the deal!


We painted wooden snowflakes.  No one went for just white!



A little loop glued to the back turns them into Christmas tree ornaments.


I purchased a kit to make beaded pipe cleaner snowflakes.  This was great fine motor work for everyone.  Even Juiciness and Sassyfras could do this craft with just a little help.



Next, since we don't have snow right now and get very little, we made Insta-Snow with a Steve Spangler test tube kit.  The kids thought this was wonderful.  They spent a good amount of time playing with it.  It doesn't feel anything like snow to me, but they seemed to think it was great...all that matters.


Little J and I made some paper snowflakes while the twins napped.  We used origami paper to make it easier to fold and cut.

make your own snow globe, advent activities for kids

We all made a snow globe this afternoon.

Supplies
Baby food jar
Small ornament
Glitter
Glycerin
Water
Super glue

I glued the ornaments with super glue to the bottoms of the jars.  Then the kids added a little silver glitter, about a 1/2 tsp of glycerin (helps suspend the glitter), and water to the top.  Once we were satisfied with the amounts of everything, I glued the tops shut and tied a ribbon on them.






4 comments :

Christy said...

So much fun! It is snowing here right now! It isn't really sticking, but it looks pretty.

I like the snowflakes they painted, and the snowman doughnuts are too cute.

RedTedArt said...

Oh wow, it really did snow at your house.. here I am each week doing "One Kids Craft" per post and you did about 5 there. I love them all. And I know my son would LOVE donuts for breakfast!!!!!

The little bell snowflake is gorgeous too as are the ornaments... lovely lovely.

Thanks for linking up to Kids Get Crafty again! Fabulous to see you there.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Maggy

Raising a Happy Child said...

Love it - you are such a crafty family. The insta snow looks interesting - maybe I'll see if we can pick it up somewhere.

Jackie H. said...

Those will be great crafts for January too! Thanks. I love the snowmen donuts!