Monday, December 20, 2010

Humphrey's First Christmas, Advent Day 20

Our advent book for today was Humphrey's First Christmas by Carol Heyer.  This is a sweet story about a young camel that has lost his beloved blanket and complains the entire story about it until he finally gets another one.  Only to finish his long journey at the manger and find a baby.  He gives that baby his blanket.

Humphrey's First Christmas activity

For our activity the kids and I purchased a couple of fleece lap throws and wrapped them up with a few other things.  We drove to a nearby nursing home and left the packages with the nurses to give to a couple of patients that might enjoy them. 

christmas book advent




7 comments :

The Kimbrell Family said...

Oh my word, that just made my day!!!! I thought you were going to say you wrapped the kids some blankets, but then to take them to a nursing home!! Priceless! Thank you for inspiring me to do the same with my family! :)
Merry CHRISTmas! :)

Carol said...

Thanks so much for choosing my picture book Humphrey's First Christmas as part of your Christmas celebration! I think your idea about giving the blankets as gifts was wonderful! Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Christy said...

You are SO thoughtful! What a nice idea. I bet those blankets will be appreciated.

Elle Belles Bows said...

The book sounds like something I would love to share with Ella next year. What a wonderful way for you to share your Christmas spirit with others. Very kind of you to donate the blankets. Merry Christmas!! Kerri

Sherri said...

Love this book and love the idea!
Someone is going to feel special today! =)

Kelly said...

Carol- The kids are really enjoying Humphrey's First Christmas...we've read it several more times this week. Merry Christmas!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I like this gift giving idea - very inspirational, and those blankies will make beautiful gifts.