Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Thursday Night!

Knowing that we would be merrily involved with Christmas Eve activities tonight, we had a Happy Thursday Night last night.  After the kids went to bed, I made an eggnog martini and dessert tray for us and we watched the original A Christmas Carol.  The recipe comes from Jo at Bees and Fleur De Lis.  Go check out her cookie exchange, it looks like a beautiful event.

2 parts eggnog
1 part vodka
1 part amaretto
shake in a shaker with ice.  Garnish with freshly ground nutmeg.

mmm button


Elle Belles Bows said...

Looks like a great night. Finally had time to catch up on my reader for the month of Dec. I must say that I about starred almost everything that you did! Hopefully, we will get to them next year! Kerri

C.R.A.F.T. said...

This would be fun for New Year's Eve too :) Come on over and link up to MMM!

Lisa said...

What a yummy holiday drink! Sounds fabulous!

Kim @ Sand and Sisal said...

What a wonderful idea to have a special cocktail with your "handsome"! I think I might need to try that! The eggnog martini looks AHHH-MAAA-ZING!(not to mention the truffles!!!) This will be a must-try recipe! Thanks for posting.

Rachael said...

This sounds delicious! I'm totally making one when I get back from the grocery store :) Will you share this recipe on my linky party Friday?