Friday, December 10, 2010

Gingerbread Martinis for Real! Happy Friday Night


A couple of weeks ago I posted about my attempt to make gingerbread martinis.  While they were good, they weren't very gingerbready.  This week however, I found gingerbread liqueur and made super delicious gingerbread martinis. 

Mix 1 part each Kahlua, vanilla vodka, and gingerbread liqueur, 1/2 part half and half in a shaker with ice and shake.  Garnish with fresh ground nutmeg. 

I served them with smoked salmon and crackers for our appetizer.  My husband and I are going to watch our traditional holiday movie tonight, It's a Wonderful Life, and wrap presents.  We've been doing this since we were first married and we still look forward to it!

Happy Friday Night!

4 comments :

Christy said...

Have fun! Gingerbread martinis sound good!

Sherri said...

We had a gingerbread evening too..but No martinis..the crowd was 7 and under! =0

{Bobbi} said...

I have never had smoked salmon like that before. I've always wanted to try but too scared to buy it. I wish I lived next door to sneak some. hehe Gingerbread Martinis...awesome idea!

Kelly said...

Christy- you actually gave me the idea when you put me onto pumpkin martinis!

Sherri- Better stick to plain eggnog with the 7 and under :) We put that crowd to bed before our little soiree!

Bobbi- It would be fun to live next door to a bunch of bloggy friends! I bought 2 packs of the salmon because my kids actually like it too! They eat sushi too though...