Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread Friends, Advent Day 13

This is what we have planned for after school today...making gingerbread friends.  Wish me luck, we all know I'm not the cookie diva!  I'll post pictures of our fun (so long as the cookies somewhat resemble gingerbread people) later tonight.

I had originally planned to read Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett today, but thought that Gingerbread Friends would go along better for making gingerbread cookies.  My kids love the last pages of this book the best.

Gingerbread Friends Activity
I made baking mixes back in November to make baking in December easier! 

I've placed mats, aprons, frosting, and a big cup for milk at each place.

We have plenty of sprinkles for decorating our cookies.

Enough gingerbread friends for everyone!


Wonder Mom said...

What a fun way to be greeted when arriving home!

(Can I come over and bake too?)

Jackie H. said...

I love Jan Brett's books. Your pictures are great! So bright and Christmasy!

The Sunshine Crew said...

Love how you have your materials set up for your children.
We also love Jan Brett's gingerbread books, both Gingerbread Baby and Gingerbread Friends. We love making and decorating anything out of gingerbread, whether cookies, houses, or ornaments. Love the smell of gingerbread. If you pop by my blog, we have several gingerbread themed photos on the last few posts, plus there are some gingerbread themed materials that are available free to download with links on my blog, in case you want them...
Happy holidays!

Christy said...

You are so organized! Have fun!

Brimful Curiosities said...

We made faux gingerbread houses this weekend out of graham crackers. The kids loved it. Planning to post about it later this week. By the way, we adore Gingerbread Baby.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I wish I could bottle your energy! Looks like a fun afternoon. :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Yes, can I have that energy drink that you are drinking too? It looks like it's going to be a fun afternoon!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm not much of a baker, but I don't think I could resist such a fun time! :-)