Saturday, December 18, 2010

Breakfast with Santa, Advent Day 18

We had breakfast at a local historic site this morning, but it was made extra special by having Santa join us.  I think this is one of my favorite things that we try to do each Christmas.  There is a great breakfast buffet, music, face painting and games, and of course special time with Santa.  Little J was sure to remind him that he wanted a Megalodon tooth for Christmas (some two front teeth!).  Juiciness and Sassyfras would only peek at him from a distance.

I wasn't sure if the kids would be able to sit through breakfast or wait in the line for Santa easily, so I packed little sacks of goodies for each of the kids.  They had things like washable markers and paper pads, little wooden ornaments to color, small wind up toys, mini books, and Christmas stickers.  They enjoyed their sacks, but were happily engaged in all the happenings at breakfast.
I hope you are enjoying special time with your family this weekend.


Christy said...

What a good looking Santa! We were supposed to do milk and cookies with Santa last week, but my kids were sick. I'm hoping we make it to dinner with Santa on Tuesday.

Sherri said...

This is so fun!
I love the bird seed ornament!
I am doing R for reindeer this week with my little ones..and I am using many of your fantastic ideas..thanks...I will link them back to you! =)

phasejumper said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love how prepared you are!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Looks like a great time!! You were well prepared! Kerri