Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Day Oilcloth Placemats

I had some left over burlap from Halloween and I thought that I would put the rest of it to use with this chalkboard oilcloth that I found. 



I used the turkey pattern found here.  The burlap is cut to make placements for all the kids that will be at our turkey day dinner.  I used tacky glue to secure the turkeys to the burlap.  Here are some ideas to get the kids started.  

Thanksgiving craft

Label turkey parts or name turkey parts and color them.

Thanksgiving placemat

Use them as place cards and color the turkey.


Write numbers and let the younger ones place that many turkey feathers on them.


Play hangman!

Thanksgiving placemat
Play tic tac toe!





abc button

6 comments :

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Chalkboard oilcloth? What a find! Love the placemats!

Michelle said...

So adorable!

KJ said...

Sooo cute! I've been trying to figure out how to make a Thanksgiving placemat for the coming years. I may have to keep this in mind! I'm stopping by from the link up at Tot Tuesdays.

The Activity Mom said...

Ahhhh! What a fabulous idea! So clever! =)

Deborah said...

Yes - what is an oil cloth?? I love it!

Kelly said...

Oilcloth is a specially treated cloth that renders it waterproof, but you can still sew with it. I have a large piece that I put down when the kids do messy projects and it wipes up easily. I wouldn't necessarily make a garment out of it however. I found the chalkboard oil cloth at a local independent fabric store, but I've seen it around on the web too. I bet there are some great crafts that can be made from this!