Monday, November 22, 2010

Teachers' Thanksgiving Gifts

The kids helped me assemble a freezer meal for each of their teachers this weekend.  I'm sure this time of year is just as busy for them as anyone else, but I also know what their doing all day!  I figure if I'm exhausted and I only have my kids part the day...and they have 10-20 something of them most of the day...they could use an easy to fix meal in the freezer!

Frozen stuffed shells (found at Sam's club), pasta sauce, pesto, alfredo sauce, cheese, freezer to oven pans.

Place shells in pan.

Top with pasta sauce, pesto, alfredo and cheese.  Easy!

Cooking instructions,"Keep frozen until ready to cook.  Preheat oven to 375.  Remove plastic lid, cover with foil, and bake for 40-50 minutes".

In all, I figure I spent just over $6/teacher.  Not bad to let them know we're thankful for them!


Wonder Mom said...

I have done this for teachers before as well- and let me say, having taught for 6 years in a previous life, a free and easy supper is a wonderful idea!

Michie said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm a teacher, and I think this would be a really neat gift - very thoughtful! My wheels are turning now for what I could give my daughter's teacher for Christmas!