Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Martinis, Happy Friday Night!

I forgot the half and half when I took the picture, so I just poured it back in the shaker and added it.  It was very good!


Christy from Superheroes and Princesses gave me a wonderful recipe for pumpkin martinis and I made them last Friday.  Oh boy, were they good!  I think I will serve these on Thanksgiving.  They would pair well with savory and/or sweet foods. 

Here is Christy's recipe:

Ingredients
1/2 oz. Stoli Vanilla
1 oz. Pumpkin Spice liqueur (such as Hiram Walker)
1/2 oz. Kahlua
1/2 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 oz. half-and-half
Cinnamon stick ( garnish)
I didn't have any cinnamon sticks handy, but I did sprinkle them with a little freshly grated nutmeg.

Preparation
Add all liquids in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into large martini glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.  Makes one drink.

Thank you Christy!! 
If you want to make these, I suggest finding the pumpkin liqueur now as I had a hard time finding it in stock.  Evidently, it's seasonal and a lot of people are looking for it too.  The liqueur itself is also delicious, so I'm trying to think of other uses for it.  I'll let you know if I stumble upon anything great.

I was lazy with our appetizer and simply did a port wine cheese ball with crackers.  It paired very well, however.


Happy Friday Night and thanks again Christy!






Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party!


3 comments :

Elle Belles Bows said...

Yummy! I am at my sister's home and she loves this recipe idea too! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

Jenny said...

These look incredible!
You should join the Happy Hour link parties at Henrietta's House!!!
(if you do, please let her know Jenny from Simcoe Street sent you!)

Jenny

Christy said...

I'm glad you liked it!

Thanks for the link!

I meant to let you know I would be away, but it was hectic getting ready to go and I forgot. I don't like to post that we will be away on my blog.