Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Margaritas and Loaded Nachos

Welcome to our Happy Friday Night!  Almost every Friday night I make an appetizer and cocktail for my husband and me to enjoy after the kids are in bed.  It's a nice way to enjoy the end of the week without having to pay a babysitter.

I made pumpkin margaritas for our cocktail last week.

In a blender mix 2oz tequila, 2oz sweet and sour mix, 4oz pumpkin liqueur, and 2 cups of ice (makes 2 generous drinks).  Blend until smooth.  It definitely tasted like a margarita, but it could have been a bit more pumpkiny for husband thought it was great the way it was though.

I made loaded nachos for our appetizer (it sufficed for dinner!)

I browned some lean ground beef, drained it and seasoned it with some cumin, salt, and chili powder.  Then I layered nacho scoops in a cake pan and topped them with the ground beef, black beans, salsa, and cheese and put it in a 350 degree oven until the cheese melted.  I served them with sour cream, tomatoes, and fresh guacamole.

Happy Friday Night!


Elle Belles Bows said...

Yum! I cannot wait to try the margaritas. I am planning on starting on our own Friday night ritual. I have spinach dip in the crock pot now and beer in the fridge. Just need the hubby's flight to get in!! Have a great weekend! Kerri

Christy said...

Wow! YUM!

{Bobbi} said...

So, we made these nachos for dinner because of you. I was salavating onto the screen. hehe

Kelly said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear that you guys are enjoying!

I haven't made spinach dip in a long time, but I love it. I'll have to put that on my list.

Have a great weekend!