Friday, November 12, 2010

Holiday Breakfast Food

I've mentioned in previous posts that I like to plan ahead for the holidays, just a little.  I just finished making a few loaves of this Stuffed French Bread to put in the freezer. 

This recipe found here is one of my favorite go to easy breakfast/brunch freezer meals.  I can't say that it is anywhere near healthy, but it is delicious.  I normally serve it with a big bowl of berries or fruit salad.
I make 2-4 loaves at a time to put in the freezer.

Cream Cheese
Canadian Bacon
Sausage Crumbles
Swiss Cheese
Poppy Seeds
Onion or I use Onion flakes
French Bread (I think the bread makes or breaks this recipe, so I buy from our local bakery)

Split the break lengthwise.
Spread the cream cheese filling on one side (I'm making 2 loaves here).

Top with sausage crumbles, Canadian bacon, and Swiss cheese.

Top with the other half of the bread and wrap tightly in foil.  I freeze it at this point and simply put it in the refrigerator the day before I want to cook it. I bake it at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes and then unwrap it and bake about another 10 minutes.

No comments :