Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Friday Night, Gingerbread Martini...sort of...

I hope everyone had a wonderful and meaningful Thanksgiving.  We have certainly been enjoying our holiday here. 


This Happy Friday night was actually last Friday.  If you're reading this for the first time, I make a cocktail and an appetizer most Friday nights for my husband and me to enjoy after the kids are in bed.  We look forward to our date night at home!

I'm not sure what to call this cocktail.  I was going for gingerbread martini, but I don't think that's what I achieved.  It was great, don't get me wrong, just not gingerbread.  I mixed 1 part vanilla vodka, 1 part frangelico, 1/2 part butterscotch schnapps, 1/2 part half and half and shook in a shaker.  Garnish with fresh nutmeg.  The appetizer was spanakopita, mmmm.

I think they make an actual gingerbread schnapps, so maybe I'll look for it.  Does anyone have  a good recipe?

Happy Friday Night, Y'all!


1 comment :

Kristy @ Next to Heaven said...

What a great idea... we do wine and cheeses, but I will have to start changing it up a bit with cocktails and tizers!