Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Toddler Made Halloween Instruments

Halloween Shakers


They counted 3 scoops of red lentils and 4 scoops of black beans into the applesauce container.

Juiciness is a little messy still, but loves to practice.


I took the numbers away and put out another empty bowl so they could continue spooning the beans.  They are still under 3, so constant supervision is a must.


I then helped them seal (hot glue) another empty applesauce container on top to make a Halloween shaker. 

Pumpkin Bells



Pumpkin Bells!

This tray contained black and orange chenille stems, foam pumpkins, and a big bell.  They strung the pumpkins and bell onto the stems and I helped them twist the ends together.

Halloween Rhythm Sticks


Our last instrument was painting paper towel rods with Halloween colors to make rhythm sticks.  Once they dried they put some stickers on them. 

My Delicious Ambiguity recently posted a nice downloadable song and finger play album for fall and Halloween, found here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, we're off to dress up and have a parade!



abc button





11 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Awesome ideas! I love shakers best!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love the rhythm stick idea! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I have tons of those applesauce containers. Thanks for showing me something I can do with them.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Love them! Fabulous Halloween ideas for little ones. Thanks!

Christy said...

So much fun. I wanted to make shakers with egg carton cups but our cartons aren't flat around the edges so I couldn't get them to fit together. I'll have to use plastic containers like yours.

Christy said...

I forgot to mention that I love the rain sticks too!

You must be making great Halloween music in your house.

Robin said...

Brilliant! I host a linky party on my blog www.thetshirtdiaries.com and would be honored if you would link this tutorial up!

RedTedArt said...

Aaaah, this is very cute! Love the idea of using red and black lentils for halloween. Brilliant!!

Thank you for linking up to Kid Get Crafty!! Fab to have you "on board"

Maggy

Joyful Learner said...

I love how the math is incorporated into the project. Thanks for sharing!

amandab said...

Home-made instruments are so much fun, and I bet making them Halloween themed has made them even more so :)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What a fun way to celebrate the holiday :)