Monday, October 11, 2010

Spookely Pumpkin, Muffin Tin Monday

Graham cracker with peanut butter and rainbow sprinkles.

We visited a pumpkin patch yesterday and I think my little ones were a little disappointed not to find rainbow pumpkins!  You see, we've read Spookley the Square Pumpkin until I'm almost blue!  So, I thought I would make it up to them today by having a fun MTM ready for them when they come home from preschool. 

Carrot slices, Spookley cheese sandwich, blue egg, rainbow graham crackers, and orange slices.



Spookley the Square Pumpkin sandwich. 
Of course you know we'll just have to read Spookley, again!

Post follow up...Ok, so I guess I'm the only one going blind reading this book!  Spookley the Square Pumpkin lives in a pumpkin patch near a bay with other "normal" round pumpkins.  He is teased for being square and wishes he were normal.  That is until a big storm comes up just before Halloween and Spookley saves the day because he is square.  From then on, the farmer plants special seeds that grow pumpkins in all sorts of shapes and colors, all normal.  This is really a cute book and has nice rhythmic and rhyming text.  Now maybe our muffin tin will make sense!


Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

13 comments :

Kelly said...

Cute! My kids are in love with Spookely as well. Have you seen there is a movie too?

Ludicrous Mama said...

Never heard of the book, but I love your faces!

Christy said...

So cute! I have never heard of this book. I'm off to check the library website!!!!!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Thanks for sharing the MTM and the book! We will definitely be checking the book out! Kerri

Dana said...

Cute. I am sure your kids were so excited to see their favorite character come to life. Good JoB!

Mommyof2girlz said...

Awesome tin!! I have never heard of the book but now I must find it for my girls..lol Very creative tin, just love it all :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love it. JDaniel would love having eyes on his food. I would love for you to link this post to Read.Learn.Explore on Friday.

varunner said...

We love Spookley too. It's a fun read (although maybe not if you have to read it 20x in a row). Really fun tin you did! :-) I wouldn't mind eating those graham crackers myself...

kris in larryville said...

I love the square pumpkins! We have never read the book but it sounds like it is worth checking out.

Lori said...

That tin is so cute and fun!!

Hailey's Butterfly Garden said...

love this!!!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness! That is so cute!

phasejumper said...

So cute!