Saturday, October 2, 2010

Preschool Snacks

I will be making a lot of preschool snacks this year...ones that are meant for the entire class.  I'm trying to think of nutritious, not too pricey, but fun snacks.  Things like Goldfish are fine from time to time, but I'd like to try to be a little more creative and fun.  Last week was our week and this is what I sent.

Strawberries and tube yogurts for one day...
preschool snacks

preschool snacks
You know we like to spoil our teachers, so I dipped the four largest strawberries in chocolate for the teachers' snack this day.  They were very happy.


homemade pumpkin muffins and bananas the next day.

preschool snacks

Sassyfras and Juiciness helped make the muffins for their friends.  You can find the recipe here.

preschool snacks

preschool snacks

cooking with kids
We smelled each of the spices we added, mmmm.

pumpkin muffin recipe
These muffins were wonderful, excellent recipe.

Do any of you have clever snack ideas?  I'd love to hear from you!  If you have pictures and want to send a link with permission to use your photos, I'll make a post and put it up for everyone.


4 comments :

Sunshine Mama said...

Hi, I just found your blog from Be different act normal's show and tell. You have such a lovely blog!

I often do some mini muffins for my kids, but a type of snack I do regularly with my kids are fruit or veggie plates. It's easy to make and they don't tire of them since it's so easy to have lots of variety. I blogged about it here: http://sunshinefoods.blogspot.com/2010/06/fruit-plates.html

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

I wish your kiddos were in my preschool class. We get some of the weirdest snacks sent in..mostly junk. Ugh. Thanks for taking the time to make something nutritious and fun for the children in your life.

hands follow heart said...

What a treasue is your blog! This post is so inspiring, yummy. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day.
Luciana

ABC and 123: A Learning Cooperative said...

Oh yummy, I have to send in snack this year too and am sometimes at a loss of what to provide. Great ideas!