Thursday, October 14, 2010

Moonlight The Halloween Cat

I'm not a good enough photographer or editor to get a cute picture, but I hope you can get the idea that the eyes glow at night and they are really cute.


For our stART project this week we read the book Moonlight The Halloween Cat by Cynthia Rylant.  This is such a cute book for the preschool crowd.  It is about a black cat that takes a walk on Halloween night and enjoys the sights of the night.


Our craft was very simple.  I cut out cat shapes from black construction paper with triangle cutouts for the eyes.  Then, the kids taped red plastic to the eye part and then glued the another cat on top.  I helped them position it once they put the glue on it. 

We put them in our transom window over the front door.  At night they have glowing cat eyes.  I used what I had on hand for the eyes, but they could certainly be made from a number of colors and items such as tissue paper.



Head over to A Mommy's Adventure for more stART projects.




12 comments :

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

You did a fine job capturing the glowing eyes in the picture - and what cute cats!

Our Homeschool Fun said...

This is a great project and a fun book too. I LOVE the eyes on the cats!!

Discovering Montessori said...

OOh! You guys did a fantastic job. I got to get this book very soon. Thank you for sharing.

Ticia said...

Another cute Halloween book and craft to add to my list

varunner said...

All cats eyes should glow :-)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Very original project! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

Michelle said...

What a great idea! Thank you for linking up to stART :0)

sbswtp said...

What a great project!!! So fun :)

Debbie said...

The cats look so cute! Great job!

RedTedArt said...

Oh! Very cute little cats. Love them and so easy for them to take part in!!

Maggy
Kids Get Crafty
http//www.redtedart.com

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I bet they look wonderful to all driving by.

Charlene said...

Those are so cute! Love the glowing eyes...Cool! Although they would probably freak me out at night, cause I'm a big 'fraidy cat hehe!