Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Magnetic Letters

Each morning Sassyfras and Juiciness help me walk Little J to school.  Just outside his classroom is a magnetic board and letters.  They love to play with these letters, but get very little time to work with them.  I finally got out two cookie sheets and our boxes of magnet letters and let them play to their hearts' content. 

magnetic letter play for kids
Please don't ask what's up with Sassyfras's outfit b/c I don't really know.  She likes red and pink and doesn't really care if they all go together or not...

BTW, I'm so proud of them.  They almost have all their letter sounds down.  They get confused with a couple of letters, but for the most part are doing great. 



3 comments :

Elle Belles Bows said...

Thanks for reminding me about the cookie sheets. Our easel does not have a magnetized chalkboard. So, this will be great. Thanks! Kerri

Wonder Mom said...

YAHOO for magnets!

(Oh, and in case you don't know about them, I think your kiddos would like to use the magnet pages over on Make Learning Fun:

http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/ActivitiesListing.htm

You can check them out by looking under the letter M for Magnet pages.)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

I love that you are using cookie trays, what a great idea and a nice change to the standard vertical surface of magnetic boards on easels.