Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jack-O-Lantern Pizzas, Family Fun Night


Did you know that Trader Joe's has pizza dough for 99 cents?  I didn't.  I just found it this past week and was so happy.  They have both white and wheat dough.  I bought some toppings and headed home.


I gave each of the kids a silicone mat, rolling pin, some pizza dough, and the secret ingredient...a pumpkin cookie cutter.



Working with dough is a great for building hand strength in a fun way.


This little guy kept trying to steal the black olives!

We used TJ's pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese with sliced black olives for the Jack's face.


Our after dinner fun was putting out our Halloween decorations and then taking a little walk down the block to see other outdoor lights.  People in our neighborhood really go all out for Halloween and have already started decorating.



8 comments :

Elle Belles Bows said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!!

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

so cute! perfect for Halloween night!

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hear Mum Roar said...

These are too cute!

Ain't No said...

Love this! Thank you!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love the olive eyes. This looks like a great dish for Halloween.

amandab said...

I don't know if you can buy ready made pizza-dough in Oz, I've never seen it. I have been meaning to try to make it, and using cookie cutters for the base sounds like great fun :)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

The cookie cutter idea is great. Pizza pumpkins would probably be more of a hit here than regular ole pumpkin :)