Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Friday Night! Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms


If you remotely like mushrooms, you will like these. 

If this is your first time visiting one of my Happy Friday Nights, you'll just need to know that this is our little stay home date night.  I make an appetizer and drink and we relax a bit without the kids. 

Tonight I made these artichoke stuffed mushrooms  Recipe here. The recipe is from the November 2001 issue of Southern Living.  We love these and they're pretty easy to make.   We had a glass of chardonnay with them. 

Happy Friday Night!

Happy disclaimer...I skipped a post a couple of weeks ago so that I could get a week ahead making it possible for me to post earlier on Fridays.  Tonight's real appetizer is a Mexican shrimp cocktail that I will post next week. 



5 comments :

Elle Belles Bows said...

LOVE your Friday night posts! Enjoy! Kerri

Christy said...

Sounds great. I went to a friend's last night and she made pumpkin martinis! I thought of you because you always have the coolest Friday night drinks.

Kelly said...

Oooh, pumpkin martinis sound wonderful. Do you know her recipe? I wouldn't mind trying those!

Christy said...

The martini is SO good. I think it's my favorite drink ever. Here is the recipe: Pumpkin Pie Martini

Single Serve

Ingredients:

1/2 oz. Stoli Vanilla
1 oz. Pumpkin Spice liqueur (such as Hiram Walker)
1/2 oz. Kahlua
1/2 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 oz. half-and-half
Cinnamon stick (garnish)

Preparation:

Add all liquids in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into large martini glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Kelly said...

Thank you Christy! That sounds wonderful. I will have to give it a try. I bet it would be a fun cocktail before turkey dinner.