Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween Monster Mash

The eye and mouth are painted wooden cutouts rimmed with a super fuzzy chenille stem. The horns are pieces of cork board with pieces of a dollar store boa hot glued to them.  The feet were actually a part of a candle holder that I repurposed.

Each year we host a Halloween party for our playgroup families.  We've had the best times at these parties.  Our past themes have ranged from a traditional Halloween party, masquerade party, and vintage Halloween.  This year the theme is a "Not Too Scary Monster Mash" party.  Little J helped me make this silly monster out of a craft pumpkin.

He painted a craft pumpkin with acrylic paint in citron green and hauser light green. 

Get Your Craft On Tuesday


Christy said...

Great theme! That sounds like so much fun.

RedTedArt said...

Oooh, I love your Monster Pumpking! He is fabulous and definitely not too scary! How very creative!

Thanks for linking up to Kids Get Crafty! Very much appreciated!


Jackie H. said...

Very cute. And great photo too. I love the not too scary monsters theme!

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really magnificentsuper post!
I come from itlay, I was luck to come cross your blog in google
Also I obtain much in your blog really thanks very much i will come again