Sunday, October 24, 2010

Family Fun Night, Halloween Lights and Apple Cider

I garnished the warm cider with apple slices.

For our family fun night last night we got in our warm and cozy jammies to watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, such a nostalgic holiday movie.  My kids really loved it. 

When we finished, everyone piled into the car and we went to see Halloween lights and decorations.  I don't think that I would have ever dreamed of saying that like I would say, "Let's go look at Christmas lights".  We don't decorate outside, but our neighborhood sure does.  Not to mention that people didn't decorate like this when I was a kid.  We had one pumpkin carved just before Halloween with a candle in it. 

We finished our night off by having some warm spiced apple cider when we came home.

Apple cider with mulling spices. 
I strained the spices after about 20 minutes of warming so it wouldn't be too spicy for the kids.  It was perfect.


Christy said...

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about all of the Halloween decorations. I guess everything is done to the max these days. Well, the kids sure like it, but they do complain because we only have pumpkins and mums outside our house - no blow up skeletons or witches on our lawn.

I'll have to do this over the next few days. Great idea.

Raising a Happy Child said...

Our neighborhood also decorates a lot of Halloween. Last year daughter was positively scared by the decorations, but this year she seems to learn "they are not real" mantra. That cider looks yummy!

Ticia said...

My kids have just made the Halloween decorations are not scary transition and are raring to get the house totally decorated!

Now I want apple cider.

Wonder Mom said...

Oh my, that cider looks heavenly! And I love how you have transferred a Christmas holiday into a Halloween one- all you need now is some Pumpkin Carols! :0)

Kelly said...

Oh Wonder Mom, while not a carol, we do sing a song Pumpkin Bells to the tune of Jingle Bells. Does that count?