Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Cleaning

I've been on a bit of a craze for fall cleaning.  After this weekend one of the busiest times of the year starts and I know I won't have the time I need to get the house under control. 

I started with the kids' closet and drawers.  I've managed to get all the warm and cold weather and outgrown clothes switched out and dropped off the donations. 

I then figured the pantry was the next undertaking.  It was a disaster to say the least.  We do a lot of baking over the holidays and I want to make sure it is easy to use and well stocked.


Before
I'm embarrassed to say this was the before shot.  Everything is just thrown in there.  I found 5 boxes of baking soda, seriously.


I use bins for bulk baking items.  I washed them all out and made a list of what needed restocking.


Lazy Susans help keep condiments easy to find without having to move a bunch of bottles around.


I have baskets on the floor of the pantry that hold food storage supplies.  A second basket holds plastic utensils, paper plates, cups, napkins, paper bags, etc.


After
That feels better, it's not perfect, but I can see everything now.  I made a list of baking supplies that needed restocking and now I think we can kick off our holiday baking season.

Now I'm off to deal with the spice cabinets.  Wish me luck, they are scary, Halloween scary!




4 comments :

Christy said...

I have to get some Lazy Susans!

I just found out that I am hosting Thanksgiving, so I better get going on Fall Cleaning too!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Oh my goodness! I dream of my pantry looking like that. Your "before' pic is what I now call organized at our home. The 22 month old just will NOT stay out!! Kerri

Shopper Gal said...

That looks so good. You're inspiring me to clean mine, too. I just like to close the door and hope it will magically become organized :)-

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

The Sunshine Crew said...

Everything looks very nice...way to go! I need to finish off the cleaning and organizing projects we have been doing this week.
Have a good one and thanks for the inspiration,
Colleen