Saturday, October 9, 2010

Boo Treats, Spooky S'mores


We made our "Boo Treats" last night.   We made spooky s'more kits to sneak onto friends' porches.  Little J had a blast delivering the kits.

You'll need
 Ghost shaped marshmallows (made by Kraft, found at Target)
Graham crackers
 Hershey bars
Glow sticks
I've been Boo'd note (download from here)


Instructions
Have an adult turn the oven on low broil.  Place graham cracker halves on a cookie sheet and top with a piece of chocolate and a couple of ghost marshmallows.  Have an adult place the cookie sheet in the oven and cook until the marshmallow starts to crisp.  Have the adult remove them from the oven and place the s'mores on a plate.  Top with the other halves of graham crackers. 

 Turn out the lights and turn on your glow sticks before eating your ghostly s'mores!  Be careful, they will be hot when they come out of the oven.






Linking to:  Design Dazzle




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

12 comments :

Christy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea!

Elle Belles Bows said...

FABULOUS idea! Thanks for sharing! Just saw they have glow sticks at Michael's for $1. Kerri

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

Elise said...

I have never seen ghost shape marshmallows - how cute and perfect for this time of year.

Eating these treats by the light of glow sticks sounds like so much fun!

Janey said...

This is such a fun idea. It would be great while reading a Halloween story together as a family! Yum!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

So cute! I love it! Our neighborhood is bah-humbug, but I'll tuck this idea away for when we move into our new neighborhood one day!

Christina said...

I have been wondering what treat to take to our neighbors and this is perfect! I have had fun browsing your blog today, I found you on Texas Monkey. I love sharing creative ideas, check out my blog http://inspirationforcelebration.blogspot.com/
if you get a chance!

Erin said...

What fun! We love the whole Booing thing!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Tony and Kimra said...

I've never seen those marshmallows before - too fun! great boo treat!

Kimra
http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

beth said...

LOVE the idea of a s'mores kit--thanks for the inspiration!

Hanna said...

Hi there! i am your newest follower from the weekend linky!!! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Love this idea

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

So happy to see you at A Crafty Soiree. Thanks for sharing this fun idea for friends and neighbors. We have a bunch who would love this! Plus my own little one would get a kick out of this seasonal twist AND we have an opened package of those marshmallows in the pantry along with all the other ingredients. Looking forward to seeing you next time too:)