Saturday, October 16, 2010

An Adjective Costume??

Little J's classroom is having a fall festival party instead of a traditional Halloween party.  The kids are supposed to dress up as an adjective.  You know he can't pick a simple "red or blue", he wants to be "fast".  Lovely. 

How on earth do I help him put a costume together that is fast?  I was thinking about using printer iron on paper to put lightening bolts on a t-shirt. 

I serously need help from my creative blogger friends...any ideas??

Post follow up:  Little J and I found clip art pictures of fast things and used a printable iron on sheet to make a tshirt for him.  We used the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars, a peregrine falcon, a cheetah, a race car, a marlin fish, and in the center...a cute picture of him running this past summer with the word "fast" under it.  He was very happy about it!




5 comments :

Wonder Mom said...

What an AWESOME idea for a classroom! I thought of the following from Family Fun when you said fast:

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/windy-day-duo-674490/

You could give your kiddo a wind-blown book to make him appear like he is as quick as the wind...

Kelly Polizzi said...

Lightening bolts are great! Or you could do like a runner? Draw lines behind him cartoon style like he's running fast.

Kelly said...

Thank you! Yes, both of these ideas are great. His hair is pretty short, but I bet I can put some hair gel in and brush it back like it's wind swept. I wonder if I can used wired ribbon attached to his shirt and/or shoes to look like the lines? Fortunately, they will have signs they can write their adjective on to hang around their necks!

Chelsea said...

Oh man, that's tricky, but it's kimd of a fun challenge. How about a blurred image of some sort (as if you were taking a picture of something moving too quickly to capture). Or somehow incorporating a cheetah (or other fast animal)? Maybe a blurred cheetah pattern shirt? I'm interested to know what you guys decide on!

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o: