Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pumpkin Banana Tart


I have several Ina Garten's cookbooks and really enjoy most of her recipes.  This past weekend we made a Pumpkin Banana tart from her book.  You can find her recipe here.  It was relatively simple and delicious. 



I put a plate under the measuring cup so spills are easy to clean.

Little J is proficient in running the mixer, so I could work on the actual cooking of the tart filling.

So, I have a confession...I used whipped cream from a can, *@gasp@*, and it was store brand, Ahhhh...






5 comments :

Christy said...

That sounds really good. I love your confession!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

This looks delicious, and I love the idea of combining pumpkin and banana!

Brimful Curiosities said...

How does this compare with pumpkin pie? Looks yummy!

Kelly said...

The texture is about the same, but lighter in consistency. The banana flavor really makes it quite different from pumpking pie. I thought it was tasty and will make it again, but just not for Thanksgiving. I still need my good old pumpkin pie!

malia said...

hi kelly yum! good for you for using the canned version of whip cream... makes it a little easier.
hope to see you tomorrow at a crafty soiree... i'm your newest follower.