Friday, September 24, 2010

Pumpkin Appliqued Aprons

I've made each of my kids an appliqued pumpkin apron to use when they help me with fall baking.  I used the pumpkin pattern from Preschool Express and the pumpkin leaf pattern from Hurry Up Cakes.
Child's apron
Wonder Under
Fabric remnants
Sharp Scissors
Sewing Supplies

kid's aprons, pumpkin apron for kids

  1. Cut out paper patterns.
  2. Pin patterns to fabric and Wonder Under and cut out together.  If your fabric has a right and wrong side, then put the textured side of the wonder under to the wrong side of your fabric to cut out.
  3. Follow Wonder Under directions for ironing.  Allow to cool completely and then remove the paper backing from the Wonder Under.
  4. Place pumpkin applique on your apron and iron on.
  5. I machine stitched a zigzag around the pumpkin and then placed the leaf in the same manner.
Another little thing that I did after these photos was to clip the neck strap in half and seam the ends as the aprons hang to long on the kids.  This way I can tie them to the proper lengths.