Monday, September 20, 2010

Teacher Appreciation, Fall Bulbs for Teachers

teacher appreciation gift

I think the world of good teachers.  I know they get little recognition, but do tremendous work, so we like to make sure they know how special they are to us.  Little J, Juiciness, and Sassyfras assembled these gifts for their teachers to bring them on the first day of fall.

We started with fall colored takeout boxes (found at Michael's) and filled them with tulip bulbs (bought in bulk at Sam's Club).  I printed out the instructions for planting and included them in the box.  I lucked out when I found the trowels and garden gloves on clearance for 50 cents each at Michael's.  I hadn't planned on doing more than the bulbs, but I thought it was a nice extra. The kids each colored or wrote a little note for their teacher too.


7 comments :

Brimful Curiosities said...

This is such a wonderful idea. Maybe I'll have to look around for some bulbs!

Erin said...

What a great idea! What teacher wouldn't love this! ANd the gloves and trowel really add to it. Fantastic idea!

www.makignmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Wonder Mom said...

Perfect, perfect, PERFECT! Those teachers are gonna love these!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

This is a wonderful idea! I'd love to have you join our link up party and share this!
http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/09/all-about-you-monday-ribbon-and.html

Jodi V said...

What a terrific idea! I think we'll do that too.

the cape on the corner said...

that is a fantastic idea, and a lovely presentation! great job!

northern cottage said...

What a great idea - unique and useful. Because some on - how many cups or apple things can a teacher get (lots and lots I imagine!)