Friday, September 17, 2010

Caramel Apple Martinis, Happy Friday Night

If you're new to my "Happy Friday Night" posts you'll need to know that Dr. Wonderful and I look forward to Friday night as our little "date night at home" so to speak.  I make an appetizer and cocktail, sometimes it's simple and other times more elaborate.  But whatever it is, it is after the kids are in bed and we can relax.  When the weather is nice we sit on the deck, other nights we hit the sofa.  I encourage you to join us (at your own house of course) as it is a wonderful time to look forward to each week and a great way to start the weekend!

With apples abounding at our house and a hint of fall in the air, I decided to do a grown up apple affair tonight.

Caramel Apple Martini
2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
2 oz Apple Pucker or Apple Schnapps
1 oz Vodka
Makes one drink

I put a drop of homemade caramel sauce on the bottom of a martini glass and topped it with a cherry.  Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour.  It was a bit sweeter than I normally like, but it was still yummy!

For our appetizer I put a bit of homemade apple butter in the bottom of phyllo dough tart shell (you can find them in the freezer case near the desserts) and topped it with a piece of brie.  I put them in a 400 degree oven until the cheese melted, maybe 5-10 minutes. 

Happy Friday Night!


Christy said...

Sounds good.

I think it's great that you and your husband do this every Friday night.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I always look forward to your Friday posts. :) Would love to do this with my hubby... but have yet to find the motivation. Thanks for the weekly inspiration!