Friday, August 13, 2010

Shrimp Bruchetta and Lemon Drops, Happy Friday Night

I made shrimp bruchetta for our appetizer tonight.  Here is the recipe I used.

For the shrimp:
1 lb large peeled, uncooked shrimp
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
Olive oil

1 Jar bruchetta
1 Baguette
Fresh cilantro for garnish
Marinate the shrimp in garlic, lemon juice, and Old Bay for about 20 minutes. Saute in some olive oil over medium until cooked. Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator.

When cool, dice shrimp into slightly smaller than bite sized pieces and add to bruchetta. I used jarred bruchetta from Trader Joe's. Slice baguette, brush with a little olive oil and toast under the broiler. Top with bruchetta mix and a spring of cilantro and enjoy!

For the lemon drop, I used this recipe here.  I halved the recipe to make just two drinks.

Happy Friday Night!


Peggy said...

Looks so good!
I am a follower!! Stopping in from Follow Friday!You can find me at
Fun blog!

Deborah said...

That looks so good!!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

If I weren't allergic to shrimp, I would be all over that. It looks delicious!!