Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rocket Balloons

 
 
I purchased a pack of rocket balloons from the dollar store and we pulled them out to play with today.  They come with a balloon pump and a pile of long balloons.  After blowing one up, you let it go and it soars high into the air emitting a screeching sound that only kids love.  All three kids just squealed with delight as they took off into the sky.
 
Little J blowing it up.
 


Ready for launch.

It's in the tree in this picture, but sailed right on through high into the sky before weaving its way back down.  This provided play for sometime.  Little J tried to see what would happen when he filled it with varying amounts of air and what would happen if he held it at different angles.
 


8 comments :

Martianne said...

Too fun! Balloon play is so versatile, inexpensive and great!

Christy said...

SO MUCH FUN! I'll have to look for those at our dollar store.

Narelle said...

How cool are those balloons?! My kids would love them, I wonder if we have them around here...

amandab said...

The angle of that photo makes that balloon look HUGE!! I may have to invest in some of these for a certain birthday party coming up ... better be a nice day!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Those sound like a lot of fun. I know my kids would love to launch them.

Chapter Forty said...

Ive seem these in the supermarket and wondered if they'd be a flop or fun. I'm so glad they are fun. Thanks now I will get some.

CatWay said...

We love rocket balloons too. I've never seen them with a pump - that would be handy because they take a lot of puff to blow up otherwise.

Marita said...

We adore rocket balloons, my girls thought it was great fun to try and shoot them over the roof of our old house :D