Friday, August 13, 2010

Our Summer Nature Tray


I've admired several photos of Waldorf style nature tables.  However, I've never really managed to find a comfortable way to make one in our home.  I recently saw a post over at One Hook Wonder where they used a beautiful tray to display their nature treasures.  I loved this idea and thought this would solve my  dilemma. 

Some of our items are rocks from our road trip with Nana, a small vase with flowers from the garden, herbs from the garden, and shells from the beach.  I have several extra bowls, jars, and slips of paper for labeling items as the kids find things on our walks and adventures.
 
I've noticed several times that the kids go to the table to explore and play and occasionally remove items to take with them. 


 


10 comments :

sara said...

I love that idea. Hmmm...where can I do that in my house...

Amanda Pedro said...

I didn't have space for a table either, so I have a bamboo tray/bowl thing. It's enough for us. put it where you can is what I say....
thanks for sharing

varunner said...

Very fun idea. This would've been good for us last fall, when we were taking a lot of leaf walks and gathering leafs/rocks/nuts.

softearthart said...

Just great, cheers from New Zealand Marie

Grace said...

Pretty...

Raising a Happy Child said...

What a beautiful idea. I might get some sort of "nature finds" area for fall finds. My problem, however, is that daughter tends to spread these things all over the family room - she loves using them as play food. Do you have any rules about keeping them where they belong?

Little Wonders' Days said...

I've placed our tray on our kitchen table, but have moved it for meals. The kids seem to check things out for awhile and then might take them away for a bit. I don't mind so long as when it's clean up time that they return them to the tray. If anything, it's actually given me a place for their nature things to belong instead of me trying to figure out how not to have them spread all over the house.

Bending Birches said...

looks lovely...a great idea!

Jodi V. said...

This is a nice idea to connect kids to nature! Just wanted to say thank you for joining the 30-Day Outdoor Challenge at KidsDiscoverNature.com and for adding my site to your blogroll. I will reciprocate on my blog as I think yours is terrific.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

I have wanted to set up a nature tray for ages, yours looks so simple and beautiful.