Monday, August 2, 2010

A Morning at the Park, We Play

I find that once the dog days of summer hit that the early morning hours, like 7:00AM, are the best for park outings.  It's much cooler, all the kids are in good moods, and there are fewer crowds.  Daddy was home today, so we headed to our favorite diner for chocolate chip pancakes and sunny side up eggs and then over to the park. 





We found this little guy watching us from a nearby tree.

I usually bring a park bag with us, but today no one asked for it.  I keep the usual sand toys, a ball or two, some small trucks, a few extra bottles of water, and a mini first aid kit (the kit is a clear pencil case that contains band-aids, Bactine spray, an instant ice pack, Little J's epi pen and Benadryl spoon-bee sting allergy) in it.  

The park bag is the sturdy mesh kind that I can turn upside down and shake the sand out of before returning it to the trunk of the car.




We Play
Come play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up.









14 comments :

Raising a Happy Child said...

Your kids are early risers! My daughter is fast asleep at 7 am :) Great outdoor playspace too!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Early morning is a great time for parks...we also like to take walks at that time. I love the idea for a park bag. Thanks for mentioning it.

amandab said...

Wow! That IS early to get to the park!

I'd never thought of a park bag before, what a great idea :)

Michelle said...

What a fun trip!! I love the idea of bringing a bag like that to the park. I always think it would have been fun to have a certain toy after the fact. Emily would have been thrilled to see the frog...how cool is that!!

Kelly said...

My true lark (Little J) was awake at 5:30 this morning! Fortunately he likes playing in his room until the rest of the world is awake. On the days he does sleep in (like until 7:00) I think something is wrong! LOL

Christy said...

I love that you get an early start. WE love to get out the door early too. I have also found that going to any type of attraction (zoo, museum, amusement park) first thing when they open is much more enjoyable because most people don't arrive that early!

SquiggleMum said...

Gorgeous frog!! I'm inspired to head outdoors earlier...

Melinda said...

Love the park bag idea!

joyce:waddleeahchaa.com said...

The children had so much fun but I have to admit the picture of the tree frog was amazing! Thanks for the tip on the mesh bag.

Gill@OurParklife said...

Beautiful pics, especially the bright green frog pic!

I love your park bag - i think I will be adding this to our little excursions - thank you for passing on the idea

Gill@OurParklife said...

Beautiful pics, especially the bright green frog pic!

I love your park bag - i think I will be adding this to our little excursions - thank you for passing on the idea

Marita said...

I love the park bag idea - especially that it is mesh and easy to shake the sand out of.

We too like to head to the park early in the mornings in summer. I'm always surprised to not see more people there.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

We have a mesh park bag too :) Great mama minds think alike! Not sure that we could be up and out of the house quite that early mind you!

Kelly said...

Yes, early morning is a great time for kids.