Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Star Wars Birthday Party, Star Wars Bedroom!

This was Little J at 12 hours old.

We love to celebrate birthdays!  And why shouldn't we?  Life is special.

Little J turned 6 today!  I can't believe he is so big now and such a wonderful kid.  I can still remember the first time I found out about him.  He was our miracle baby.  We weren't sure if we would be able to have kids and we were thinking about our options when lo and behold he was on his way.  I found out just a few weeks before Christmas and kept it a secret until Christmas morning...and I mean just my doctor and I knew.  I told my husband Christmas Eve and our family on Christmas.

His party with his friends was Star Wars themed and we held it at a local kid's gym last weekend.  They had a karate instructor do "Jedi" moves.  We kept it all pretty simple.  Decor was Star Wars tablecloths sprinkled with star confetti and star balloons from the dollar store.  We served cupcakes and a fruit and cheese platter.  The favor was my favorite.  I found glow light sabers from Windy City Novelties.  The kids were thrilled. 

I decorated his door last night with streamers.  I taped Star Wars confetti on the yellow streamers.  He was so excited when he saw it this morning and wanted to know if we could leave it up all year.  He chose to go to a science museum today for his fun activity with just our family.  We had a great time.
His nursery. 
When he was two, we switched him to a twin bed and added a reading nook and desk, but basically left the artwork and decorations the same.

His present from us was a room make over fit for a "big boy".  I can't find any recent "before" pictures and didn't think to take any last week, but his nursery was similar to his "little boy" room except he had a reading nook and desk, and of course a big bed. 

He went to his grandparents' house Friday night for a sleepover and we painted and redecorated.  He was so excited the next day.  He has thanked us everyday and has said how much he loves his room.  That makes it all worth it.

May the Force be With You....


Raising a Happy Child said...

Happy birthday to J. The birthday party looks like fun. How exciting that you were able to give him siblings to love and care for too.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Aw... that's a great birthday present!

Jenny said...

Really great post - super fun party idea, and I love seeing how his bedroom has changed over the years.

Ticia said...

Birthdays are so special. I'm sure he loves his new big boy bed.

Julia said...

The room looks great! Happy Birthday to him (a little late)