Sunday, August 15, 2010

30 Day Outdoor Challenge, Days 1-7

Kids Discover Nature has issued a 30-Day Outdoor Challenge to get outdoors at least 30 minutes a day with your kids, rain or shine.  I thought this would be great fun to document.  We're outdoors just about everyday already, so it should be fun to document it in pictures and perhaps find some new outdoor activities.  She is posting her family's wonderful outdoors time each day.  I think I will do a weekly montage instead.  I am also late to the party...she is on week 2 and I'm just starting.  So, here we go.

Day 1, Saturday- We were at the beach!  This is probably our  favorite outdoor spot.

Day 2, Sunday afternoon-  We visited another garden.

Little J kept finding butterfly bushes and lantana throughout the neighborhood filled with big yellow swallowtail butterflies. 

Day 3, Monday- We did a morning walk and a little gardening.  We do usually do this several times a week, but I'll just mention it for today as I think this was our major outdoor time.  We had lots of errands to run today.

Day 4, Tuesday- No picture for this day, but we played at the park in the morning.  That night, Little J, Daddy, and I went out on the back deck and did some night sky watching.  Unfortunately, there was pretty thick cloud cover.

Day 5, Wednesday-Walked a trail at a nearby lake and found this deer watching us.

Day 6, Thursday- Some backyard playing.

Day 7, Friday- Water balloons and kiddie pool play


Ticia said...

What a cool challenge. Loved that garden walk shot.

Raising a Happy Child said...

I like the challenge, and it looks like you had a fantastic time outdoors. We do spend some time outdoors every day, but mostly it's just our backyard or neighborhood park.