Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tornado in a Bottle

We've been having some wild weather this weekend.  Today we read a few books about weather, did an intranet search on tornadoes, discussed our research, and practiced what to do if we were ever threatened by one.

I bought a tornado tube at a local science museum a while back, but we have never taken the time to experiment with it.   We followed instructions from Steve Spangler Science  to make a tornado in a bottle.  This site also gives some explanation to what a vortex is and some ways to manipulate the experiment.  All in all it was entertaining and a fairly fun way to learn about tornadoes.




Visit Ticia's blog, Adventures in Mommydom, for more great Science Sunday links.

These are some of our intranet links:
Fema for Kids






2 comments :

Ticia said...

I always loved that experiment back when I was a kid. I always wanted to do it on my own, but never got a chance too.

Julia said...

That is so cool!