Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"This Mama's Heart Summer Bucket List", Make Handprints!


Melinda at This Mama's Heart had a great idea to make handprints with her boys this summer!  We pulled this slip from our bucket yesterday morning and the kids were excited to play with paint again.  Yeah, paint...all over their hands...yeah...


I haven't done handprints with the kids since they were all babies, so really this will be a great summer memory.  I think they may even make great "Grandparents Day" (September 12th) presents.

I found boards and frames on clearance at our local craft store and swooped them up for this project awhile back.  I had the kids practice several times on paper before doing the real thing.  Even if they did smear they would either be cute that way or we could repaint the canvas.  After photographing them for this post, I added their name and date. 

The yellow frame had a little mishap, but we can fix it today.

I've always thought the Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn was so sweet.  I pulled it out of our collection and read it to them while they had snack after doing their handprints. 


Head over to Melinda's blog, This Mama's Heart, to see her full "Summer Bucket List" it's a real fun list!  Thanks Melinda and happy summer!

To see the Little Wonders' Days full "Summer Bucket List" go here.






Linking to Someday Crafts

9 comments :

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Very sweet! I love The Kissing Hand, too, but I'm saving it to read to E. She starts K this fall, so it's going to be our special going-to-school book. :)

sara said...

So cute! I LOVE that book...one of my families absolute favorites!!

Elle Belles Bows said...

I found you through the Joyful Learner. Love this idea! Will definitely use it for the grandparents.

Christy said...

Great idea. We love The Kissing Hand.

Julia said...

Those are so cute.. I love the idea of putting them in the frames!

Jen said...

Very cute- love how they match the frames. We did the kissing hand every morning before my daughter's school day started.

I'm a new follower. Found you at Superheroes and Princesses.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!

Raising a Happy Child said...

We love The Kissing Hand here too - and these handprints are so sweet. Great summer memory!

Jackie H. said...

LOVE the frames with the handprints. They are so bright and cheerful. I've never done handprints with my little boys. I probably need to!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.